How Can I Help? (Thank you for asking.)
It is not possible to put a price on music as sustenance in our lives, but music lovers intrinsically understand its value to our core. Guild members deeply appreciate your patronage and are grateful for any support you can provide that allows us to continue to bring music into your life. The Choral Guild is a resourceful and ambitious all-volunteer nonprofit organization. It is important for you to know that your dollars are used wisely and purposefully. With the exception of our marvelous Artistic Director, all administrative staff is volunteer. We also strive to keep ticket prices low to keep our concerts accessible. In order to meet our expenses, we rely on ticket revenue, grants and corporate sponsorship and the generosity of individual community members.
Here’s what YOU can do:
- Come to our concerts and invite a friend
- Purchase tickets or give tickets as gifts
- Spread the word about our performances
- Give a donation to the Annual Fund
- Make a tribute gift to honor someone special
- Attend the Guild’s fundraiser
Donate to the Annual Fund
Your contribution to the Annual Fund helps to defray all the performance and operating costs of the Guild. Your donation will be recognized in our concert programs during the season.
- Aria ($1 – $49)
- Duet ($50 – $99)
- Chorale ($100 – $249)
- Cantata ($250 – $499)
- Oratorio ($500 – $999)
- Maestro ($1,000 – $1,999)
We have specific needs for each concert. Fund-a-Need allows you to designate the use of your gift to meet one of these needs.
- Sponsor one soloist: $600
- Sponsor one instrumentalist: $345
- Sponsor one Youth Chorale member for a season: $50
How do you do this?
- Send your check to:
Williamsburg Choral Guild
P.O. Box 1864 / Williamsburg, VA 2318
- Make a donation using your credit card or Paypal:
Encourage your employer to support us
Your employer can reap the benefits of marketing to our active, engaged community of singers and friends. Consider the following options, or contact us with your own ideas!
- Advertise in our programs
- Become a corporate sponsor
- Underwrite a specific expense such as a soloist for a for a particular concert
Many companies will match the charitable contributions of their current or former employees. If you or your spouse work for such a company and intend to have your gift matched by them, please send the appropriate information to:
Williamsburg Choral Guild
P.O. Box 1864
Williamsburg, VA 23187
All contributions are tax deductible
The Williamsburg Choral Guild is recognized as a nonprofit organization under the requirements of Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code. To the extent permitted by law, contributions to the Guild are tax deductible.